Colors: Various Crystal System: Trigonal
Rarity: Easily Obtained
Source: Brazil, Africa, Tanzania, Nigeria, Kenya, Madagascar, Mozambique, Namibia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malawi.
Elements: Earth Deities: Al-Uzza, Aradia, Hine-Nui-Te-Po,
Mineralogy: Crystal silicate mineral compounded with elements such as aluminum, iron, magnesium, sodium, lithium, or potassium.
Spiritual Uses: It promotes an appreciation for the many wonders that life has to offer.
Emotional Uses: It encourages patience and openness, as well as sincere interest in fellow human beings.
Physical Uses: All the Tourmalines contain a wide scope of healing effects. The multi-colored Tourmalines combine several qualities.
Folklore: Native Americans have used pink and green Tourmaline as funeral gifts for centuries. An old Egyptian legend, is that the Tourmaline, on its long journey up from the center of the Earth, passed over a rainbow. In doing so, it assumed all the colors of the rainbow.
Magical Properties: Power, Healing, Love, Money, Grounding, Protection, Purification
Note: There are at least 13 different colored Tourmalines. The following are the properties of Tourmaline itself. Each color has added properties..(i.e., Black .. listed at the bottom)
Astrological Sign: Libra (Elemental)
Vibrates to #2
- Tourmaline cleanses, purifies and transforms dense energy into a lighter vibration.
- Grounds spiritual energy
- Clears, balances and connects all the Chakras
- Forms a protective shield around body.
- They clear the aura
- Removes blockages
- Disperses negative energy
- Aids in understanding oneself and others
- Promotes self-confidence
- Diminishes fear
- Attracts inspiration, compassion, tolerance and prosperity
- Releases tension helpful in spinal adjustments
- Balances male-female energy within the body.
- Enhances energy flow
- Removes blockages
- Each different color has its own specific healing ability
Astrological sign: Capricorn
Vibrates to numbers 3 and 4
- Used to both repel and protect against negativity
- Used as energy deflector being an excellent stone for those exposed to excessive amounts of radiation.
- Increases one's physical vitality, emotional stability and intellectual acuity.